7.11.2010

week 24--vegetable

I decided with this one to get back to technique (as in 'trying new') and not worry so much about concept. I've wanted to try stamping and painting, so decided to use veggies to stamp with. To shake things up, I used different colors than expected: blue for the green pepper rings, orangey-red for the shallots, and yellow for the garlic, all over a green print made by rolling corn. Each image is highlighted (okay, that may be a stretch) with machine-quilting in matching thread. I chose the background fabric because it looked burlap-ey, market-basket-ey. Okey-dokey.

Jacquard Lumiere paints on cotton, machine-quilting with cotton thread.

2 comments:

Jean Baardsen said...

Great idea! Looks like it was fun to do. My mushrooms are getting nervous...

Annie said...

Oooh, I didn't think of mushrooms--those would make a great print, either a stem-and-cap silhouette or the lined texture under the cap. I wonder if 'mushroom' is in my bag of words? :-) (Doubt it.)