Well, if you know me--or have seen me--you know that I know a thing or two about 'curly'. I could have done a self-portrait; it would have come out looking sort of like this anyway. This piece was certainly not a construction challenge. In fact is was delightfully easy to cut the spirals after fusing the two layers of fabric together. I just realized as I type this that using the two fabrics for each curl (purple on one side, green on the other) would have made an even cooler effect. Ah, well. That's the joy of this process, figuring things out along the way even if it's too late. But it's never too late; the lesson is now learned for next time. Ooh, so deep.
Apologies to all the followers of this blog (all 5 of you); life got in the way for a bit so this is very delayed. I can't promise it won't happen again. Also, I was a little stumped with what to do with this one, as I usually am, even though silver is my favorite metal. Part of the problem was that I think I was getting caught up in the 'meaning' and 'concept' of my pieces (and how many beads, etc., were included; thanks NB for reminding me it's not about the embellishments), instead of just creating something, and pushing myself a little outside the box. With this piece, I did use a new medium, like the last entry with the printed dryer sheet. This time, I used a piece of the silver plastic bag that lines a box of Corn Pops. No, really. (If you're old enough, you'll recall they were "Sugar Pops" when we were kids. If there really is truth in packaging, they'd have stuck with that name.) My son had one of those "tiny boxes" of cereal, and before I'd even pulled this word, I figured the bag could be used for something. For this project, I decided to try the look of a big, silver belt buckle. Fusible-webbed to the background fabric (very carefully--it is plastic!!), machine-quilted design (it stitches easily and beautifully!), free-motion-quilted 'belt'.