8.30.2010

week 28--fancy


Yowza. Almost seven weeks behind. It was a busy summer, part (most) of which was spent cleaning out my mother's house. I really didn't know what to do with this word, but having found so many monogrammed linen napkins there I pondered cutting and embellishing one, "F is for fancy". But instead I found in my stash a black faux silk and some fancy, antique buttons--rhinestones, marcasite, mother-of-pearl, millefiore, and such. I'd always wanted to try the ruffler attachment that came with my Singer Featherweight so used that to ruffle the black ribbon for the edges. The rhinestone trim was leftover (read: untouched) from another unfinished (read: unstarted) project.
I'm so looking forward to pulling a new word--and having a little more time to work on it!

No comments: